We have received information from the Broward County Sheriff’s Office regarding credit card scammers involving two of our residents.
How it works –
- You will receive a phone call from a person identifying themselves as your banker.
- You will be advised that your credit card has been compromised.
- They will ask you to meet a representative at a specific location such as Panera, CVS, Publix, etc. on the corner of Powerline and Hillsboro.
If you happen to receive one of these phone calls, you should hang up immediately and call your financial institution/bank and inform them of what just occurred.
Under NO circumstances should you give them ANY of your personal information – full name, credit card numbers, social security number, date of birth, address, etc.
- DO NOT go meet up with any of these individuals.
- Please notify your financial institution/bank IMMEDIATELY after hanging up with the scammer.
- Please contact BSO and request that they take a report of the incident at their non-emergency phone number 954-764-4357.
If you have any further questions you may contact Fernando Navarro, Director of Security, at 954-421-5566 ext. 954202.